Lecont: 26 years of passion for racing
Founded by two brothers, Sergio and Valter Cont, motorsports and technology enthusiasts, LeCont s.r.l. is a company of the Trentino area in the North of Italy, and is producer of competition tyres and high performance compounds.
Born in 1993, after having made its debut with immediate success in the motorcycle sector, LeCont has positioned itself as one of the five companies leaders in the karting World, before starting its experience in race cars competitions.
This last step has been done at first with the company’s own brand producing tyres with traditional carcass (cross plies), especially in the 10” dimension, and in a second stage as supplier of compounds and technology for other companies.
Starting from Pikes Peak 2014 (June 29, 2014) LeCont has made a huge step forward entering the car racing World with 13” tyres and radial technology, aimed to be used on prototypes such as the Norma M20 RD-Honda driven during the race in Colorado (USA) by the French driver Romain Dumas.
In its main sector of activity, karting, LeCont has, from 1996 until today, always homologated at least one range of tyres with the International Federation, CIK-FIA.
During its first years, LeCont tyres have raced as All Tyres, then changed to Cont Sport Tyres and finally (2004) with today’s commercial brand: LeCont.
Since its birth LeCont has won a number of prestigious international high level titles.
In fact, during these last 26 years of racing, various drivers, using LeCont tyres, have won:
- 2 U18 World champion titles (2011-2012)
- 1 KZ World champion title (2018)
- 1 OK World champion title (2017)
- 1 KFJ World champion title (2015)
- 1 KF3 World champion title (2013)
- 2 KZ2 CIK-FIA SuperCup titles (2015 and 2018)
- 1 KZ European champion title (2018)
- 1 OK European champion title (2017)
- 1 KFJ European champion title (2015)
- 1 KF3 European champion title (2013)
- 3 winners of CIK-FIA Academy Trophy international titles (2011-2012-2018)
- 3 CIK-FIA Endurance champions international titles (2016-2017-2018)
...as well as:
- 42 Italian champion titles (1 of them in motocross on 1997, 250 cm3 VISP class, and 41 in karting)
- 32 Swedish champion titles
- 16 British champion titles
- 16 French champion titles
- 15 Swiss champion titles
- 12 Mexican champion titles
- 12 Romanian champion titles
- 10 Norwegian champion titles
- 8 Lithuanian champion titles
- 5 Croatian champion titles
- 1 Belgian champion titles
- 5 Italian National Trophies
- 8 Le Mans 24 Hours karting editions
- 4 WSK trophies
- 2 Gearup F-Series (USA) championship editions
- 2 ICP (USA) championship editions
- 2 Golden Cup (USA) editions
- 1 FKC – California (USA) championship editions